Wednesday 23 November 2011

Newly Qualified!

So, after several months of searching for the perfect course, I qualified as a professional makeup artist in October this year.  Taking Sara Hill's Pro-Makeup Course at the amazing Academy of Makeup in Glasgow was a big step, but has been one of the best decisions I've ever made!  The two week course was intense to say the least, but so rewarding, and I learnt so much so quickly. The opportunities I've had since qualifying have been incredible! So far I've done makeup for a music video for Gav Livz (I'll be sure to post a link to the video when it hits YouTube!), worked backstage as a makeup artist at the Scottish Style Awards, assisted at a Slaters Menswear shoot, and worked at the Girls Day Out event at the SECC, a charity evening for CHICKS charity in Glasgow and the 'It's Good to Give' - Cancer Charity Fashion Show in Edinburgh.  And that's all in just over a month! It has been a hectic, but amazing start to what will hopefully be a successful career as a makeup artist, so I figured while I have yet to get my website up and running, starting a blog to document what I'm getting up to wouldn't be the worst idea!

The next couple of weeks are going to be just as exciting as the previous few - Monday to Wednesday next week I'll be working on a film (the finer details of which I am yet to discover!) alongside the amazing Ana Cruzalegui and some of the other lovely ladies from the academy, followed by a trip to Birmingham at the start of December to the Clothes Show Live where we'll be working with Kimberly Wyatt and Laura McComiskie and their fanstatic new makeup line 'BM Beauty'.  Lots to look forward to over the next wee while! I'll probably do a couple of posts over the coming weeks going into a bit more detail about some of the events I've worked at so far, and as soon as my first portfolio shoot photos arrive I'll put them up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment