Sunday 11 December 2011

Clothes Show Live with BM Beauty

So last week was Birmingham Clothes Show Live, an event I have never been to before, never mind worked at, and I spent three days on the BM Beauty stall promoting the new mineral brand! I travelled down on the Saturday night and then worked all day Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with the lovely Laura McComiskie, the brains behind the brand alongside former Pussycat Doll and leading lady of Her Majesty and the Wolves, Kimberly Wyatt. Academy of Makeup director Sara Hill and four other girls from the academy were there over the course of the four days, and it was a brilliant experience!


Kimberly came down to the stall every day at some point to sign autographs and have photographs with fans, in between her gruelling six performances a day! It was a great chance for me to work with mineral makeup again as I haven’t done so since our Mineral Masterclass at the academy. We did demos all day, testing out the products on people, colour matching foundation and explaining how to apply the products most effectively. It was another great opportunity to practice my skills as a makeup artist. The makeup is all natural and chemical free, and the products are really lovely. I was particularly impressed with the eyeshadows, the colours are absolutely beautiful and they apply really easily, so do check them out – I’ll link the BM Beauty website below. The brushes are really nice too, the 121 foundation brush and the 123 eyeshadow brush in particular are really lovely to work with, crazily soft and synthetic but built to replicate animal hair.


Another hugely exciting moment came when I got to do a live demo on the Style Studio stage on Tuesday afternoon!! Sara had done the demo on the Saturday and Sunday, but had finished up on the Sunday afternoon, and BM needed someone to go up on stage for them the rest of the week. So when Laura asked Jenn to do it on the Monday and me to do it on the Tuesday it was too good an opportunity to pass up (despite the fact I was pretty terrified!). I was seriously nervous backstage, having never done anything like this before, but aside from one or two slight stutters it all went smoothly! What an unexpected bonus to the trip! I have video evidence of this, (thank you so much to Fai for filming it for me!), but I have yet to upload it from my phone... it may appear here at some point soon! I have photos too, but for some reason Blogspot won't let me upload them onto this post at the moment, so I'll try and put them up another day.

All in all, an amazing three days! The Clothes Show itself was incredible, I didn't really have time to properly look around, but I did pick up the offer from Models Own on my quick dash around before heading to the train station - buy 3 nail polishes for £10 and they gave you twelve free gifts!!! I ended up going home with 4 right enough, couldn't resist, but they are gorgeous colours and the free gifts (which for £10 I expected to be pretty basic) are amazing! I was genuinely impressed, so may do a wee blog post on them at some point.

Thank you so much to Laura and Kimberly for having us, I had a great time working with you guys! And Sara, Fai, Jenn and Diana too of course! :) xxx


www.bmbeauty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment